New Jersey Truck Accident Attorneys Manage Complex Litigation
Aggressive representation for losses in commercial truck crashes
Commercial truck accidents can produce immense damage, serious physical injuries and death. But victims are not automatically entitled to compensation for their losses. The key to their cases is proving that someone bears responsibility. It’s often a complex matter to get at the true cause of a truck accident and assign liability to one or more parties. Fortunately, The Anthony Pope Law Firm has the experience and dedication to perform the painstaking investigation necessary to advance our cases. For more than 30 years, we’ve engaged in highly contested injury litigation, overcoming great odds to secure full compensation for our clients.
Understanding the various causes of commercial truck accidents
The Anthony Pope Law Firm aggressively seeks evidence to determine the real causes of truck collisions. This may include investigating:
Truck company records often contain evidence that the company violated the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, which may involve brazen attempts to cover up violations by falsifying drivers’ logbooks. When we accept a case, we go after those records and the driver’s cell phone records, which might indicate distractions prior to the accident. When representing your catastrophic injury or wrongful death claim, we take a “no holds barred” approach to gathering evidence to build your case.
Who is liable for a commercial truck accident?
In most commercial accident cases, the driver is not the only party liable for the damage. Even a driver who is the owner-operator of a truck may not be solely responsible, so we look at the:
- Truck company — The driver’s employer may be liable under the legal theory of respondeat superior, meaning, “Let the master answer.”
- Loading company — If an unbalanced load caused the accident, the company responsible for placing the cargo in the truck is accountable.
- Truck manufacturer — If a defect in the truck caused an accident, the company that designed and manufactured the defective part is strictly liable for injuries.
- Maintenance company — If a mechanical failure due to negligent maintenance caused the crash, the company that serviced the truck may be liable.
- Government entities — When road conditions cause a truck crash, the government body responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of the road may be liable.
- Other motorists — Drivers of passenger cars can easily cause a jackknife by cutting off a tractor-trailer.
Our relentless approach to representation means that we question, investigate and pursue all viable defendants to secure your compensation.
Get relentless representation for your truck accident case in New Jersey and New York
If you’ve been in a commercial truck accident, you may have a difficult time obtaining compensation even if your injuries are severe. Fortunately, The Anthony Pope Law Firm has extensive experience and a proven track record in complex litigation. Call us at 973.344.4406 or contact our Newark office online to schedule your free consultation.